Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scraps and Spring

It's only the beginning of March and it's beginning to look a lot like Spring is here in our front yard.  Our daffodils and crocus are blooming and the birds are chirping.

Wait. What?  The birds are chirping?  Augh!  I just emptied my cut-off scraps into the trash!  Why did I do that?  Those poor little mommy and daddy birds were probably looking to make some comfy nests and I just threw away some beautiful little bits of yarn they would have loved to incorporate into their new home.

Well, I couldn't just sit there thinking of the itty bitty little new birdies being brought into the world without something warm and snugly in their nests so I grabbed it bit of left over yarn and ran outside.  I cut up some small bits and draped it over tree branches and flowers and our large bushes on either side of the garage where I know a couple of chickadee's nest each year.  Ahhh.  The world is in balance this morning again.

How are you?  Have you ever thought about tossing your bits of scraps out for the birds?
Nesting material

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to read comments and hope you will drop me a line.

I am Human and I Crochet

This morning while perusing my FB feed I came across a video from the Craft Yarn Council called "Humans That Yarn".  Not sure abou...